Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Time...Kinda

It is 77 degrees today. There are people at the Christmas tree place wearing shorts. It is really hard to get into the spirit this year due to the unusual weather circumstances I am living in. NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING. I know most people that read this are sitting in Kansas in a pile of ice and snow that is a major problem to every activity. I am baking Christmas cookies with the deck door open and the air conditioner on so we don't sweat to death with the oven running. Very bizarre.

It is a little weird to get up everyday and have nice weather. It is like being Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day". Almost every day has been sunny, pleasant, and exceedingly boring. Not to say I want to return to freak ice storms and random tornadoes, but a nice thunderstorm when I am at work with nowhere else to go wouldn't be completely uninvited. That and the fact that it hasn't rained here in forever and apparently Atlanta is drinking all of the water in the south...too bad they can't drink out of the ocean. Then again, they would probably use that all up on their yards anyway. Everyone is so wound up about "the drought" down here. Apparently they have never lived in Western Kansas.

Anyway, I am definitely feeling badly for all of you with the 1 inch of ice on the roads, brandishing your snow shovels (we sold ours for $1 about 4 months ago), and slip sliding all over the Sunflower State. I am so excited to get back home for a little Christmas and maybe just a dusting of snow while Jake and I are there...no more than a few flakes required to make me happy.

No comments: