Thursday, December 13, 2007

"How I Would Kill You"...

So, Jake and I were sitting out on our deck tonight and somehow the topic turned to how we would dispatch one another in mortal hand to hand combat....Jake didn't referee tonight, so the conversation was sparse... I figure that is a regular conversation for any regular married couple to have occasionally anyway.. So, it was my skilled PT knowledge against his general brawn and I guess both of us were pretty passionate about the discussion as neither of us is really fond of being wrong. Later that night Jake is taking the dog out and runs into one of the apt managers who makes a comment about how it is so weird that OUR SPECIFIC BUILDING is situated in such a way that you can hear every word we say all the way on the other side of the apt complex. In case you are not keeping up, that is code for the fact that everyone heard Jake and I talking about how we would kill each other in hand to hand combat. Even I am a little embarrassed about that one. Probably not good. Jake thinks he needs to go talk to the apt guys about it tomorrow and explain that neither one of us is actually trying to kill the other one...just talking about how we would do it if we had to.... The lesson is that Jake and I no longer live where no one else hears our discussions so we need to keep the crazy to ourselves...or, if you find me dead from a 3rd grade Tae Kwan Do move, Jake did it...

No comments: