Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stupidly Nervous

Jake and I have another triathlon this weekend. It is in Greenville. It was full, but I got in off of the waiting list. A race with a waiting list? The race is HUGELY big with like 600 folks. Yikes. I am not racing in the new person division, instead I am going with people my age. I feel good about it. I think racing with people that know what is going on will help me...if I am not too depressed they are all passing me all over the place. I need to keep that in mind. It is going to increase the amount of stupidity I feel riding my mountain bike, but I will get over it. Everyone else has a "road bike" which is built for speed. Road bikes are tons lighter and let you get into a more aerodynamic position as compared to the mountain bike..that is built to drive on a mountain and is about as aerodynamic as a sailboat.

My first race went so well that I am really nervous to do it again. That seems silly, but it is one of those things where if I never did it again I would only have a good experience. I have never been good at dealing with the unknown outcome. Maybe I will do even better...hmmm.

I get nervous. I was nervous before the damn suitcase race in 7th grade at Play Day. I was nervous before 7th grade basketball camp. Seriously it is just stupid, but I can't stop it from happening.

I am a dork. I am nervous about a race I do for fun that has no bearing on my actual exsistence and does not have any sort of impact on the rest of my life...with the exception of maybe making me fitter and having a reason to wear spandex in public. Like I needed a reason.

No comments: