Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catch Up!

Holy Mooly I have been lazy at this. I have started it repeatedly but never finished a paragraph. So...here goes a solid try.

1. Jake's parents visited in May and we went to Asheville. It was super! My favorite part was seeing all of the beautiful gardens at the Biltmore House. They were just amazing. It was a little drizzly but still pretty fantastic. The funniest part was when we were driving behind a car and we all realized there was something odd going on as there was a lot of weaving and general erractic-ness. When we drove past we realized it was an older lady in the driver's seat with her young(12 year old) grandson was working the steering wheel from the passenger's seat. SERIOUSLY! In Kansas we drive when we are 12, but always from the driver's seat!

2. We went to Kansas the week before Memorial Day. It was great to see as many folks as we got to see. There are a few folks that got missed due to scheduling flubs and mild attempts at over programming on my part. I did wave at you as I drove past Manhattan/Junction City and gave you a mental hug/high five/delicious beer (your choice) and am thinking of you! We did eat Brookville chicken, several steaks, Swedish pancakes, Curley's BBQ sauce, and Boulevard beer, which should round out all the important Kansas food groups. Thanks to everyone who adjusted their schedules to take out time to hang out with us, drink beers with us, chat with us, or share their general lives with us. It was tremendous fun! I will try to throw on some pics when I get myself together.

No comments: